Sunday, October 12, 2008

blogging is hard

I haven't been keeping up with this very well, have I?  Well, I promise I'll write something about the great Jordanian adventure tomorrow.  There.  I'm typing it, so it must be true.

Also, I'm still shocked by the friendliness of Egyptians.  In the past two days, I've been randomly stopped three times on the street just to chat (it always turns to US politics, and about half the time I'm asked whether I'm voting for "the black guy or the old guy").  And these conversations always end with an exchange of cell numbers.  The Ahmeds and the Mohameds in my phone are now all identified by number, and I still can't keep them straight.  And they always call.  Frequently.  Usually for no particular reason.  Usually when I'm in the middle of class.  Oh, Egypt...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg love egyptians. ¨they always call. frequently.¨ seriously.
<3 me
p.s. i have a test on nassérisme (nasserism??) soon. should be studying. reading your stuff about egypt counts as studying, right?
p.p.s. miss you.